This Privacy Statement addresses Spitfire Strategies LLC’s (“Spitfire”) practices regarding information collected from users of the Web site located at www.planningtowin.org (the “Site”) and only addresses information collected directly through or from the Site. This Privacy Statement does not address or govern any information gathering, use, or dissemination practices related to information collected from the user (sometimes referred to as a “visitor,” "you" or "your") other than directly through or from the Site, such as from telephone, facsimile, postal mail, personal delivery, or other or additional offline means or media. Spitfire can be contacted through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collection of Personal Information from Site Visitors. Except as specifically set forth herein, Spitfire may collect or track: (a) the e-mail addresses of visitors that communicate with Spitfire via e-mail; (c) information knowingly provided by the visitor in online forms, registration or membership forms, surveys, e-mail, and other online avenues (including, without limitation, demographic and personal profile data); (c) aggregate and user-specific information regarding which pages a user accesses; (d) the home server domain names, date and time of your visit, type of computer, the originating IP address, files downloaded, search engine used, operating system, and type of Web browser of visitors to the Site. Spitfire may place Internet “cookies” on your hard drive. Internet cookies are small amounts of data that contain a unique identifier that many websites frequently send to your web browser to be stored on your computer’s hard drive in order to save data about you, such as your name, password, user-name, screen preferences, and the pages of a website you have viewed. When you revisit the Site, Spitfire may recognize you by your Internet cookies and customize your experience accordingly. You may decline Internet cookies by using the appropriate feature of your Web browser software, if available. Spitfire may use Google Analytics or a similar service to gather, store, and track certain information related to your visit to and activity on the Site. When a visitor performs a search within the Site, Spitfire may record information identifying the visitor or linking the visitor to the search performed and recording information related to the search request. The collection, use, and disclosure of information contemplated in this Privacy Statement may involve a transfer of the information to jurisdictions located outside your country of residence that may not have equivalent laws and rules regarding personally identifiable information.
1. Use of Personal Information Collected. Personal information collected by Spitfire may be used by Spitfire for many reasons, for example, for recordkeeping, editorial and feedback purposes, marketing and promotional purposes, statistical analysis of users’ behavior in order to measure interest in specific areas and information posted on our Site, product development, content improvement, or to customize the content and layout of the Site. Aggregate data on visitors’ home servers may be used for internal purposes, and individually identifying information, such as names, postal and e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and other personal information which visitors voluntarily provide to Spitfire may be added to Spitfire’s databases and used for future calls and mailings regarding Site updates, new products and services, and upcoming events. Spitfire also may use Site visitor data to contact the Site visitors regarding registration and account status and changes to the Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and any other policies or agreements relevant to Site visitors.
2. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties. Except as provided herein, individually identifying personal information provided through the Site will not be sold or otherwise disclosed to third parties not affiliated with Spitfire or the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation (the “Foundation). Identifiable and non-identifiable visitor information and data may be disclosed or distributed to another party with which Spitfire enters or reasonably may enter into a corporate transaction, such as, for example, a merger, consolidation, acquisition, or asset purchase, or to a third party pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, in response to a request by or on behalf of any local, state, federal, or other government agency, department, or body, whether or not pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, or if determined by Spitfire in its sole judgment that such disclosure or distribution is appropriate to protect the life, health, or property of Spitfire or any other person or entity. Spitfire may also disclose your contact information if required to make transmissions or deliveries to you.
4. Internet Security. Spitfire uses reasonable efforts to ensure that the Site is generally available. However, there will be occasions when access to the Site will be interrupted or unavailable. Spitfire will use reasonable efforts to minimize such disruption where it is within its reasonable control. You agree that Spitfire shall not be liable to you for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of any Site content may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Please be advised that we do not guarantee that any information sent from our Site will be secure during transmission, nor can we guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to Spitfire via the Site or the Internet, including, for example, personal information such as your name or address.
5. Comments, Notices and User Content. All materials or comments posted to any aspect of the Site are public. Please refer to Section 5 of the Terms and Conditions [HYPERLINK] for further detail concerning User Content and other materials submitted to the Site. As such, Spitfire and the Foundation assume no liability for the accuracy of such information, no duty to update or correct such information, and no liability for such communications arising under the laws of copyright, libel, privacy, obscenity, or otherwise.
6. Opt-Out Right. Except as necessary for Spitfire to provide the services, information, or products requested by a registered user, the registered user may opt out of having his or her personally identifiable information, which has been voluntarily provided to Spitfire through an account registration, or electronic news or information subscription, prospectively retained by Spitfire, used by Spitfire for secondary purposes, or disclosed by Spitfire to third parties by updating your profile preferences on the Site. (This does not apply to collection of the type of Web browser of the visitor to the Site or to non-identifiable visitor information provided or collected.)
7. Access to and Ability to Correct Personal Information. Upon your request via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone, Spitfire will provide you with a summary of any personal information retained by Spitfire that has been voluntarily provided by you to Spitfire through online forms, registration forms, surveys, e-mail, or another online avenue. You may modify, correct, change or update your personal information by contacting Spitfire through email@example.com.
8. Right to Change Privacy Statement. Spitfire reserves the right at any time to modify, alter or update this Privacy Statement. Spitfire will notify you on the Site or by email of any new or revised Privacy Statement, including information regarding the location of the new or revised Privacy Statement. Your use of the Site following any changes means that you agree to follow and be bound by the Privacy Statement as changed. Any change to this Privacy Statement shall be effective as to any visitor who has visited the Site before the change was made. It is the obligation of users visiting the Site before the change to learn of changes to the Privacy Statement since their last visit.
Updated: June 11, 2014
Copyright © 2014 Spitfire Strategies LLC